Table of contents for What should be Modeled?
I am not HVAC or Mechanical so this list may not reflect what people are doing, but I submit it as a starting point.
- All ducts and air handling equipment.
- Equipment will be modeled to its overall height, width and depth.
- Any piping associated with the mechanical equipment. 2” diameter and larger pipes will be modeled to the outside diameter of the pipe or pipe insulation (whichever is greater).
- Fittings and connections will not be modeled.
- Identify Minimum clear space with solid placeholder clearance object for: access issues, code issues, and/or construct-ability.
What do you think? More? Less?